Wednesday, February 8, 2017

Gifted Overexcitabilities In Real Life 

"If you hang around in gifted circles for any length of time, you’ll start to hear a lot of talk about overexcitabilities. I thought it might be fun to do a post on overexcitabilities, and what they look like in real life- my little poppies-style!

I remember being completely fascinated by theories of personality development, especially back in college when I sat in Dr. Spiegler’s Personality 101. Today, I’m going to dust off the cobwebs in my noggin’ and share a bit of the info with you all, and then I’ll show you what OEs look like in real life! First the nitty-gritty and then the fun, folks!

Polish psychologist Kazimierz Dabrowski is perhaps best-known for his Theory of Positive Disintegration, a complex human personality theory based on emotions and development. Without boring you with too much detail, I will share these snippets ..."


No comments:

Post a Comment