REGISTER NOW for the Parent Institute and Children's Super Saturday
Registration is still open for the Parent Institute and Children's Super Saturday event this week on 9/27/14.
This event is perfect for parents and teachers alike! Teachers in attendance will receive PD hours.
The K-2 grades classroom is now full. We do still have room if your child is in grades 3-5 or 6-8.
Enriching Gifted Students for 40 Years
AAGT's Parent Institute and Children's Super Saturday is a one day event geared towards the needs of Arizona's parents of gifted and talented children. Our goal is to advocate, educate, and communicate on behalf of gifted learners in the state of Arizona. Your day starts with a dynamic keynote speaker and continues with breakout sessions based on parents' needs. Also provided is an on-site enrichment program for K-8 students to attend while their parents are in sessions. (NOTE: there is a separate registration fee per parent and per child)
The Parent Institute is $25 per adult. OR purchase our Package and get your Registration AND 1-year AAGT membership for $40. Save $10!
Children's Super Saturday is $25 for your first child and $10 each for additional children. NOTE: The K-2 group is now closed. We have reached maximum number for the K-2 group.
Breakout Sessions for the Parent Institute
Session 1 10:10am -11:10am
1. The " ABC's" of Gifted Preschoolers and Kindergartners
Presented by Daisy Robledo
2. Building Bridges with Your School & District
Presented by Stephanie Newitt & Kristina Park
3. Why Can't My Kid Catch a Break?
Presented by Angela Lahman
Presented by Diane Hale
5. How Parents Can Help Gifted Children Be Better Learners
Presented by Nathan Levy
Session 2 11:20am-12:20pm
1. Engaging and Challenging the Gifted Preschooler
Presented by Sarah Torrilhon, Kelley Gmelich & Amie Miksta
2. The 21st Century Classroom
Presented by Karen Mensing & Megan Bird
3. Being Gifted in Today's World
Presented by Krista Gibson
Presented by Amea Isom
5. Understanding Legal and Educational Options
for Your Twice-Exceptional Child
Presented by Dr. Sally Logerquist & Dr. Susan Jackson
Session 3 1:20pm - 2:20pm
1. Video Games - Blessing or Curse for Your Bright Child?
Presented by Otto Siegel
Presented by Leslie Ferre & Jennifer Bowers
Presented by Erica Bailin
4. The Elementary Gifted Mind
Presented by Janet Spicer
5. They Say My Child is Gifted... How do I know What She Needs in School?
Presented by Dr. Dina Brulles
To see further description of the breakout sessions, please visit our website