Thursday, October 3, 2013

Guest Lecture Series Review

Gilbert Supporters of the Gifted hosts a Quarterly Guest Lecture Series


Over 60 in attendance at September's Guest Lecture

September's Guest Lecture Topic:  Strategies for promoting Social and Emotional Growth in Gifted Children


Amber and Heather did a great job explaining Intensities that are often experienced by gifted people.  As a parent it helped me understand some of my son's behavior in a different light.  I recognized that he and I think differently and there is nothing wrong with that.  It helped me to understand the world through his perspective as well.  I also appreciated that Heather and Amber both had personal experience with their family members they were able to share as well as practical strategies for us to use with our children.  My husband and I were able to get a mutual understanding and were able to build some strategies together to use at home.  It has been so helpful.


It was also great to see so many other parents there.  I liked that we were able to see other parents who were from our son's school.  I also really appreciated that the meeting was kept to an hour.  We chose to stay after to chat with a few parents we met, but I appreciated the prompt start and end of the meeting.

Review written by Kristina Park

Next Guest Lecture:  Thursday, November 14th, 2013
Topic:  How to advocate for your gifted child while building bridges with teachers
Location:  Greenfield Elementary Library, 7-8pm

No comments:

Post a Comment